Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bananas, toast, and jam

So I know I continually mention throughout my blogs how amazing the weather is in this country... well, I just have to say it again, I love it!! Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine!! Anyhow, I would just like to congratulate Southwest on a great season!!! Our football team has made it in the top eight of the CFL, so looks like we are going to playoffs. First game is October 11.  All the teams are drawn so the match ups have not yet been decided. We ended the season in fashion, beating the team we lost to in a tournament earlier in the season 6-0, with leading goal scorer Taffy scoring 4 of those goals.  Sunday we were awarded 3 aggregate points because the team we were to play did not show and thus forfeited the match. 
The weather is getting nicer and nicer each day, making it a lot harder to stay focused on school (obviously).  This week has been the slowest so far and I am quit certain its because I'm so excited to be heading to the Western Cape for Spring Break.  Stellenbosch is going to be amazing, which reminds me I need to call them and make sure they have kept my spot in the hostel. Saturday is a wine tour through three major regions - Stellenbosch, Paarl, and Franschoek. Monday I will be in Cape Town taking in the sites of the second largest city in South Africa.  From what I have heard, its a crazy, ambitious, and outgoing city!! I can't wait!! Cheers!


No comments: