Saturday, September 13, 2008

Beautiful Days have arrived!!

Hey --

The weather has een so amazing the past few days that I feel like I have to write something on my blog!
Yesterday, Friday, Joachim, Jenn, Cicilia and I walked down to Pick n Pay, the local grocery market here in PE, so that we could pick up our tickets to Stellenbosch from the MTN store.  Oh thats right!!! So a group of us are planning on going to Stellenbosch, the main wine region here in South Africa, which is about 100km outside of Cape Town, situated in the mountainous area beyond Table Mountain.  Its supposedly one of the most beautiful places in South Africa, and on top of that they have over 100 hundred wineries within a distance of some 20 - 40 mile range. We are all super stocked and excited! We are leaving the weekend leading into our Spring Break!!! Ya!!! So for Spring Break, CEA is taking our group around Cape Town, from Table Mountain to Robbin Island and the Cape Of Good Hope (the southern most point of Africa).  I can't wait!! I am a bit bummed that I won't be able to get out and see the Great White Sharks that breach here in Southern Africa. Hopefully some of the people going out from Mussel Bay will take some amazing photos that I can share with you all. 
Any how, yesterday we all just hung out on the beach enjoying a few drinks and just soaking up the sun!! Hopefully the weather stays consistent till the end of the month when Spring Break starts!
Today its about 1130 in the morning and its already 80 F! I love this weather! I have a soccer game at a quarter to 1:00 and its a must win. We haven't won a game in weeks, and many of the guys on the team think its because the league is dominated by local Southern Africans who are very adamant about foreigners. The referees having been cheating us every game and last week we lost to the first place team, our biggest rivals 1-0. It was a devastating lose but we plan on bouncing back by winning our next 4 games and sticking in the top eight for playoffs. 
Everyone here in Annie's Cove have left for Port Alfred because there are supposedly some big rowing races going on, that and besides its beautiful weather to get drunk and hang out at the beach! I am staying behind because I am trying to save money for the Stellenbosch trip and because I would prefer to play soccer and go out after we kick some ass!!!!!!!
Anways, hope everyone is having a fantastic time back home!! Feel free to write me messages or email I'd love to hear from you all, or anyone who is reading my blog! 

Cheers!

No comments: